There are several reasons to do an engagement session. First, it helps us to get to know you and your fiancé. Second, you get to see the poses that you love, and lastly, you become more comfortable in front of the camera. These photos save the memories of your life before marriage.
We love doing engagement sessions with our clients! Working with a trusted professional photographer is the first step when planning your engagement photographs.
Engagement Session Tips
- Pick a location that you love or that is special to you.
- Have a clear idea of what kind of look and feel you might want for your images.
- Coordinating colors are great. Try not to wear a pattern unless you are both wearing the same pattern or one is wearing a coordinating solid.
- Lay them on a solid, well lit, surface together to see how they will look.
- Some people change it up in the middle of the session, one or two outfits are great.
- Start with your more “formal” outfit then get more casual as the shoot goes on.
- We are normally out in nature so bring cute shoes but be sure to bring walking shoes as well.
- Have hair and make up done if you are unsure of what to do. Bring extra lip gloss from your make-up artist, dewey looks better than shimmery.
- Have him get a cut and trim three days before the shoot.
- Be sure to have hair and nails (fingers and toes) done.
- Wear clear deodorant if you are going sleeveless.
- Be sure to eat a snack before the shoot and hydrate yourself. Most of our shoots are in the spring and fall for nice weather. We are in Texas and it can be hot and humid anytime!
- Bring water for you and your fiancee so you can refresh yourself.
- Get good rest the night before your shoot so you feel great!
WE SPECIALIZE IN DELIVERING OUTSTANDING WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY.
Our consultations are always free and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have.